Please note that the Melanographer will only look at one mole or lesion per SpotChat appointment.
- Choose the best available device for image quality - camera, smartphone or tablet.
- Ask someone else to take the photo if possible.
- Make sure you're in a well-lit room.
- Circle the mole or lesion you're concerned about with a pen if you have other moles nearby.
- If possible, place a ruler or coin near each mole or lesion to show its size.
TAKING THE PHOTO
- Keep the camera, phone or tablet lens parallel to your skin.
- Get as close as you can while staying in focus - depending on the device it will likely be 10-20cm away.
- Position the mole in the centre of the screen.
- Ensure there are no shadows in the image and that the light is even.
- Hold the device steady and take several photos.
UPLOADING THE PHOTO TO MY MOLEMAP
- Review the photos and select the best one to send to us - use the largest file size you can.
- Login to My MoleMap.
- Click on the ‘IMAGES’ tab in the menu.
- Click ‘UPLOAD IMAGES’.
- Either drag and drop the images or upload them from your computer or mobile device.